Monday, July 26, 2010

Miles' Blessing Day

We had a small gathering of family for Miles' blessing on the morning of July 24th. All of James' family except Natalie and her husband Brett and everyone in my family except my brother Aaron were able to be there including my uncle and aunt and their family.

We had to hold the blessing outside the traditional first Sunday sacrament meeting so that we could accommodate all the family that was in town. I really enjoyed having it in such an intimate setting. We sang "I am a Child of God" then Grandma Bradley gave the opening prayer. Grandpa Bradley and Grandpa Barrow both shared some thoughts on why we give baby blessings and the importance of them. James then gave a beautiful blessing to our little Miles. We then sang a closing song and Grammy said our closing prayer. The spirit was so strong. It was a little piece of heaven on earth in that room.

Miles wore the same outfit that Thomas was blessed in. It's a good thing he came out a chunk or else he might have been swallowed up in it. My mom and I made the outfit when Thomas was born. My little sister Kelley made the blanket and my mom also made the booties.




The Mark and Jean Bradley Family.


The Dee and Mary Barrow family.

The Dee and Mary Barrow family with the Joel and Elana Barrow family.


After the blessing we had a brunch. We enjoyed yummy sweet breads and fruit. Mmmm...breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.




And this is a picture of the 2010 Bradley cousins. Andrew (born in April), McKaylee (born in May), and Miles (born in July). There's still one more to come, Becky's baby is due in October. It's so fun to have little babies all at their different stages. It's a good reminder to how quickly they change in their first year of life. I'm already sad for when Miles is out of the newborn stage. He's been such a wonderful little baby! I hardly want to put him down because I know how quickly he will change.


1 comments:

maria said...

Such a handsome little guy! I'm glad we got to come enjoy that very intimate family setting! It was a very special blessing for sure.