Monday, April 26, 2010

March and April

It's been a while since I've recorded our life here on our blog. We haven't done anything big, but we have been busy doing things around the house and other places. Here's a short recap of what we've been up to these last couple of months:


March was Dr. Suess' birthday so we celebrated by reading Bartholomew and the Oobleck and Green Eggs and Ham. After reading we made our own oobleck and green eggs and ham.



I love Hailey's face here! Close your eyes and you'll never know those eggs are green! I was actually surprised that they ate the eggs. I couldn't hack it. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, but I had to wrap mine all up in a tortilla and also close my eyes.


Thomas has been busy building his Lego's. He mostly builds space ships and flies them around. This particular ship was deemed (by Thomas), "The most bestest rocket ship ever!" He even requested that we take a picture of it. I like it because he built it all by himself.

Right now everything turns into a space/air craft for Thomas. He flies crayons, combs, pieces of paper, etc. You name it, it's been flying around our house.

Thomas has also continued in his quest for more information. I never thought I would be a walking dictionary for my 4 year old. He asks the meaning of words and phrases all the time, but the two that I have been most impressed with were "cumbersome" and "improvise." We also just finished reading Charlotte's Web. I've tried and tried to read a chapter book with him over the last several months, but this was the first time he actually sat and listened.

Hailey has been busy taking care of her baby and singing songs. I took the video below one day when she brought me her blanket and told me to make her Mary. "Make you marry? I don't understand what you mean Hailey" Holding up her baby, "Make me Jesus Mary." I got it then. She wanted the blanket to stay on her head like Mary the mother of Jesus. She was too interested in seeing herself in the camera to remember what she was doing.



She also always has a song in her head. I love to listen to her all day. Her songs add so much joy and cheer to our house. I hope she never stops singing. This one is something about a candle and summer time. I wish I could tell you more, but I don't understand half the lyrics. I must be getting old. :)




I don't really remember why I took this picture. But, I have so few pictures from these last few months that I thought I should include it.


James has been busy working on our basement. We figure one baby step at a time and maybe, someday, we'll have a nice large space to gather and play. The plan right now is to have my Dad come out this summer to help us do some major work. We'll see how far we get. James has almost finished framing the exterior walls. I'm so proud of him to take this project on and to continue learning new skills and talents.


Someday I hope to be able to use this as a "before" picture.

James has also been training for another Wasatch Back race this June. Our spring has been so slow to come this year that he hasn't been running as much as we did last year, but I'm always surprised when he heads out for 6+ mile runs and comes back still smiling. It's a great feeling to know that you are in good shape. I'm slightly jealous (OK, a lot jealous) that he can move easier than I can, but I'll have to admit that I'm enjoying a break from all the training we did last year for the Wasatch Back. I can't wait to go up there and cheer the team on though!


And now to ME...I've been busy growing a baby. This was a picture taken about a month ago at Jenny's baby shower, hence the pink clothes hanging above our heads. All of us are expecting this year. Becky is due in October, I'm due in July, Jenny is due in May, and Maria just had her little bundle join their family on April 25th. I think we're all a little jealous that she's done being pregnant. Sometimes I wish I was done, but other times I think it's a lot easier to take care of this baby now than it will be after he comes. Each of our times will come. It has been really fun being pregnant with these sisters. And the fun is just beginning for these cousins all born so closely together.


Right now I'm also busy taking my turn to teach preschool for Thomas and his friends. It's the end of the year for them, so we've done number and letter reviews, patterns and we are headed into two weeks of beginning sounds and rhyming then we'll have our graduation party. I'm so glad that Thomas has had this experience. I'm sad that it'll be over in a couple of weeks, but I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year.

Well, there you have it. A short synopsis of what's been going on around here lately. We've also been busy doing wedding prep and celebrating for James' sister Natalie. I'll be sure to get those pictures up as well.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes I can see the blog. It was really cute. I love the green eggs and ham. It does say it was posted on April 26th though that is odd.

Maria Bradley said...

I love the update - it's fun to see what you've been up to. And I wouldn't be too jealous about still growing your baby instead of having it... it's a little more of a juggle out than in ;) But when your little guy comes - it will be so fun!!!!